Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Greenmarket Grilling


Here’s a great summer idea for the acid reflux diet – grilling vegetables for a delicious, fresh salad. I used what enticed me at the Union Square Greenmarket. With local vegetables you know they will be fresh and flavorful, so they don’t need extra spices and acids. Today I used Japanese eggplant (the very small, skinny ones), Kirby cucumber, and sweet corn.

I grilled the corn in the husk, and cut the kernels off the cob when it was done. I split the Japanese eggplant lengthwise, and brushed it with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and dried herbs. The eggplant was done grilling in just a few minutes, at which point I cut it into bite size pieces. I didn’t grill the cucumber – I just peeled it and cut it into pieces the same size as the eggplant. I tossed everything together, adding a drizzle of olive oil and a few shakes of salt. It was crunchy, tasty, and refreshing.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good birthday meal!

Post a Comment